I'd like to go on the record here (Literally.. Cash, Meet your scrapbook, honey! Ta-da.. Hope you like it. Mama loves you. mwahmwahmwah) and say that after EXACTLY 15 months, my child is sick for the first time. I know, I know.. this in no way makes me super mom for avoiding it all this time, it just makes my son super BOY for having a superior immune system ;) In all reality, I have somehow managed to dip & dodge my child having any serious stuffy nose, cold, allergies, sore throat etc. this last year and 3 months, but somehow it has all of a sudden hit us all at once. Maybe this is God's way of telling me never to take my kid out to "play" in 43 degree weather again. Or maybe it's His way of telling me to never take my kid out to play dressed like the boy version of Orphan Annie again..
I rest my case. LSU Sweatshirt. Monkey Pajama Pants. Orange/Grey Pom-Pom Hat, and Camouflage Cowboy Boots. I promise he's not mistreated.. In fact, he's dressed cute 99% of the time.. This is just a compilation of the warmest/most comfy things I could find. Let me just say, this is his new favorite outfit. But off fashion & back to the serious stuff.. For those of you who have overcome premature births, sick babies in NICU, and children who are constantly sick.. I SALUTE YOU! There is nothing worse than having a perfectly happy, energetic child with a runny nose & a smoker's cough. Okay.. maybe there ARE some things worse, but definitely not in my life! Because Cash isn't running fever, he's yet to realize that he's sick. This may totally just give me the Worst Mama Award but I can't help but soak up this new found cuddle flu Cash has caught along with his sickness. Every other day, I find myself chasing HIM around begging for attention, because he's typically pretty independent these days and is just fine playing on his own, but as of these last few sick days, he'd rather just curl up in Mama's lap and listen to her read all day. He's been in this weird drunken "sick" state, and yesterday I swear he fell asleep sitting straight up on the couch. As crazy as this sounds, I couldn't help but say "AWW!" out loud and immediately call J at work to tell him. His response: "What the hell is sweet about him falling asleep straight up?" I know I'm a total sissy (My own mother says that I cried during movies when I was 3 years old!) but something about the vulnerability of him falling asleep sitting straight up was sweet & sad all at the same time. Moms, I KNOW you can relate! Anybody else.. you probably think I'm crazy! Not only does Cash expect me to read to him constantly as a repetitive part of his sickness, but he also thinks that it's important to have a book in hand at all times to "relax" at any moment. Perfect example: during a diaper change..
Who knows? Maybe he'll be like his Mama & see reading books as therapeutic. Anyway, today we took little man to the doctor to get rid of this little bug. Turns out, he ended up having an Upper Respiratory Infection and an Ear Infection. Poor baby :( It was also J's first time at the Pediatrician, which made it easier than ever. One less bag to hold, and somebody stronger than me to hold Cash down during the oh-so-intensely-mortifying-and-painful use of the stethoscope. Yes, my child is a Stethoscope Screamer, and those of you with experience know that a "Doctor Cry" is much more different than a child's everyday cry. J was not expecting this at all, so when Cash looked at him with a blood red face screaming for mercy, I think I could hear J's heart beating from a mile away. Luckily, the 15 month shots were put off for a few weeks until his sickness was gone, because I honestly think J might've passed out at the sight. For such a strong man, he seems to have such a light stomach. I'll never forget the day Cash was born, when he cut the umbilical cord. This was obviously our plan from the get go, and we had only discussed it a couple of times before the birth. In the excitement of the moment, adrenaline on full blast, J quickly grabbed the scissors with his Left hand (he's a firm Righty!) and uncoordinatedly cut the cord with an odd twist of the hand. As I waited: legs spread, eyes wide, for the reaction of his Daddy to Son moment, I realized that he had immediately ran inside the bathroom of our hospital room because the cord cutting process "freaked him out." Needless to say, after one of my diva fits, he was back in the room with the pleasure of being the first person to hold his gorgeous doll-baby of a son. Off subject, but still kind of funny at the least. Here's Cash's miserable "Sick Picture" from this morning.. Poor baby. Puffy watery eyes & a stuffy red nose and the kid's still cute.. I'm biased, of course.
After Cash's doctor's appointment today, I expected to go pick up his meds & head home. To my HONEST to God surprise, J had made reservations at my very favorite, favorite restaurant: HB Steakhouse. If you live in the Houston area and have not been here, you are totally missing out. It's a little bit of a hole in the wall place on the outside (located in a strip center by a T*Mobile Store!) and I think I like it that way.. Next door is an Olive Garden with a parking lot filled like sardines in a can, while HB's parking lot is near empty. It's neat and tidy, and the Japanese Hibachi cuisine is top notch, with the fried rice being the best I've EVER had. EVEREVER. Anyway, it was a sweet surprise, and one that was totally unexpected. As the "Plan Maker" of the family, it felt nice to not have to plan it for once. They seat six people to a table and cook in front of you, and since there was only the three of us, we were seated with another young Mom/Dad with their 9 month old son. They were too sweet, and were going gaga over the fact that Cash was so talkative/animated, but I couldn't help but feel like my son was animated in a different way. By this I mean "cartoon animated." And the particular cartoon I'm referring to is Stewie Griffin from "Family Guy." The reason I suggest this is that Cash seemed awfully social towards their 9 month old son. (Whom by the way, I KID YOU NOT, wore fingerless newborn mittens throughout the entire meal. Cash didn't keep those things on when he was 2 WEEKS old!) The other baby's parents thought it was soo sweet that Cash kept waving to the "baby", and saying "AWWW!" and giving him air fives.. but as they would look away, I SWEAR I saw Cash stick his tongue out & glare at the kid, as if he was saying.. "YEAH I'M SHOWING OFF FOR YOUR PARENTS, BUT YOUR MITTENS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A NERD!!!" Just like Stewie Griffin, putting on an act and then doing something smart behind his parent's back. Let's just hope Cash isn't a bully. I'd. DIE.
I wanted to share this website with ya'll, because I'm totally obsessing over it myself. You'll be thanking me for this one.. The site is called NoMoreRack and it has a daily deal of only 8 items, such as Women, Accessories, Men, Shoes, Lifestyle, Beauty, Children & Home. These 8 items have a limited stock and are different each day. Here's the catch: Each item is up to 90% off it's original retail price. YES, you just read that number right. 90%!!! It's really a hit/miss site. Some days, they may have nothing that interests you, and other days you can wind up really lucky. The sales start at noon, so its muy importante to get on asap at least to look at what's being sold. Two days ago, they had a pair of True Religions originally $250 marked down to $40, but they were sold out within an hour! I check this site EVERY single day, and with a standard $2 shipping, you really just can't go wrong. All you need to sign up is an Email Address & Password and you're good to go! Now get shopping!
I'm able to give a limited number of people who sign up a $10 credit from me towards your NoMoreRack purchases. When you sign up by clicking this link, enter code P1070 for a FREE $10 GIFT CARD! Now get shopping!
NEED:
1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
1 cup canned tomato sauce (I used Hunt's!)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Hot Sauce (I used Lousiana!)
Optional: red pepper flakes (NOT Optional. NECESSITY!)
STEPS:
- Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours OR on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce. Enjoy!
FAB RECIPE TIME!! For those of you who simply can't live without your Crock Pot (I know I can't!) here's a really yummy, slow cooked Pulled BBQ Chicken recipe. If you're a fan of Pulled Pork, this is a lot like it, only minus the fatty, greasy pork. Did I mention it was only 149 calories per serving? Well it is. Try topping THAT one! Your men will NEVER know this is healthy, because it's finger lickin' good and equally as easy. Enjoy!
P.S. We ate this on buns, toasted for about 5 minutes under the broiler. Mine was Whole White Wheat, J's was a "Plain ol' manly hamburger bun."
PULLED BBQ CHICKEN - CROCK POT STYLE!
NEED:
1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
1 cup canned tomato sauce (I used Hunt's!)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Hot Sauce (I used Lousiana!)
Optional: red pepper flakes (NOT Optional. NECESSITY!)
STEPS:
- Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours OR on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce. Enjoy!
Before ending this one, I'd like to give a quick lesson on "Blogger Etiquette" (or at least, in MY eyes!)
First off, I am SO so SO so very thankful for having this many followers on here. It really means alot to have people follow me, rather than just read it for recipes without following at all. So THANK YOU THANK YOU to those who follow me! I don't know if it's embarrassing for some people to follow who I don't know personally, but that's actually the ones I get the most excited about! I love to see that it's not just my Mom & J reading this ;) ha! Although I'm thankful for all of my followers, I'd like more feedback on my blog. I know I'm not alone in the Blog World when I say that it's a tad bit discouraging to have 400 views overnight and no comments. I use this blog to 1. Document my life, and what's going on with my son's growth/development each month 2. A release of my opinions/ideas related to cooking, fashion, party planning and motherhood as a whole and 3. To entertain! Along with this, I'd love to hear from ya'll and see how you can relate to some of my experiences, or a success story from one of my recipes. So, PLEASEpleaseplease ladies, don't be afraid to comment! On an ending note, this blog is fairly new, so I'd like to know what specific thing ya'll like to read about the most, so I'm able to keep things interesting! Please comment on this post telling which of these things you find the most interesting to read about in my blogs, so I can be sure to keep things fresh & worth reading. Thanks again for following!
Blog Categories:
1) Recipes
2) Home Life
3) Products
4) Fashion
5) Crafts
What's YOUR fav?!?



No comments:
Post a Comment